In case you missed Allison Crow's Visual Thinking 101 and 102 workshops at the June E-Learning Symposium, register for her September 28th courses at MicroAssist!
We are excited to welcome back Allison Crow of Crow Hill Conversations to our classroom. Her workshops at E-Learning Symposium were so popular that we've opened another session September 28th. The morning will cover the basics of Visual Thinking, and the afternoon will delve deeper into involved learning and push and pull visual thinking methods. Both sessions will be held at MicroAssist in Austin - the first from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM, and the second from 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM.
There's a tremendous amount of content that has already been created. What role does content curation play in learning strategy? What are some of the important functions of a content curator? What are the ethics of sharing content created by someone else? Margot Bloomstein presented on this topic at SXSW 2011. Her presentation starts creating a structure for content creation and discusses how to add value during the process. I hope it will start a discussion at E-Learning Council on this learning function.
CommLab India is hosting a free webinar on September 15th at 10AM EDT on the blending of E-Learning with Instructor Led Training for a current, effective learning solution. The webinar will discuss:
- What are typical training goals?
- What is blended learning? What are the benefits of combining ILTs with your eLearning initiatives?
- What are some of the considerations that drive your framework for the design of a blended solution?
- How do you plan for a blended solution?
- What are a few best practices for putting together the perfect blend?