I happend upon this great podcast with good explaination and examples of the differences between the Learning Management System and the Learning Content Management System with good analogies and reasons for implementing both.
and other resources at http://www.netdimensions.com
In larger companies, organizations or government agecies there are so many departments that are or can be involved in training that it sometimes turns out that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
E-Learning Symposium 2011 Austin was an astounding success! Throughout the next week we will be posting our amazing speakers' presentations, but for now, here's a sample of the feedback we received...
"Excellent presentations and topics covered good resources/references..."
"Useful info and stimulating ideas in every presentation!"
Anders Gronstedt is speaking about The Five Superpowers of the Learning Age at E-Learning Symposium 2011.
- Tell a story: Hollywood-style, character-rich, story-centered learning simulations are redefining learning-by-doing.
- Play a game: Game concepts such as points, levels, time pressure, and cut scenes make learning engaging.
- Make it social: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and similar company internal social networks are embedding learning in every-day work processes and connecting people with each other.
- Make it immersive: A new generation browser-based, high fidelity 3-D virtual simulations are energizing learning.
- Make it mobile: Podcasting and mobile and location based apps are changing the paradigm from employees coming to the class room to the class room coming to the employees.
An example of an immersive experience is the 3-D immersive Emergency Shelter Simulation developed by the CUNY School of Professional Studies and the City of New York Office of Emergency Management (video below).
Have you read Sunni Brown's Game Storming Book? Watched her at the TED conference? (really we're jealous!) Thought doodling was a waste of time? It's not, for an example of useful doodling watch the video by Allison Crow below.