At the E-Learning Symposium, Articulate's David Anderson (@elearning) provided an engaging and practical lecture on using elements of design when building your courses. Doing so makes them more heavily geared toward the topic, as well as aesthetically pleasing to the learners. Topics addressed were:
- working with the "client" to create a look and feel for e-learning using a brilliant mind mapping technique
- creating custom themes
- the personality of fonts and choosing the right font to enhance your e-learning
- simple graphic techniques that reduce text and make your e-learning more inviting
David also answered the question of why there is invariably a rooster crowing on his webinar.
Presentation attached - have to be logged in to download.
MicroAssist is holding a Converting Instructor Led Training to E-Learning Webinar on June 24th. I'm interested in getting input on what some of the topics that we should cover. Thoughts?
- How do you take a person from Naive to a Master?
- Continuous Learning Model
- Deliberate Practice -- the need for 10,000 hours of Deliberate Practice to become an expert
- What is a Learning Academy?
Please note that you have to be logged in to download the presentation.