E-Learning Council is looking for three bloggers to join our blogger panel on Social Learning at E-Learning Symposium 2011 in Houston on October 25th (workshops on October 26th). E-Learning Symposium is an annual conference targeted at decision makers and producers of E-learning. Past attendees have included decision makers from Fortune 500 companies, State and Federal Government, and Universities. Our goal is to provide the resources to improve the quality of E-learning produced. Selected panelists will:
Anders Gronstedt is speaking about The Five Superpowers of the Learning Age at E-Learning Symposium 2011.
- Tell a story: Hollywood-style, character-rich, story-centered learning simulations are redefining learning-by-doing.
- Play a game: Game concepts such as points, levels, time pressure, and cut scenes make learning engaging.
- Make it social: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and similar company internal social networks are embedding learning in every-day work processes and connecting people with each other.
- Make it immersive: A new generation browser-based, high fidelity 3-D virtual simulations are energizing learning.
- Make it mobile: Podcasting and mobile and location based apps are changing the paradigm from employees coming to the class room to the class room coming to the employees.
An example of an immersive experience is the 3-D immersive Emergency Shelter Simulation developed by the CUNY School of Professional Studies and the City of New York Office of Emergency Management (video below).
Have you read Sunni Brown's Game Storming Book? Watched her at the TED conference? (really we're jealous!) Thought doodling was a waste of time? It's not, for an example of useful doodling watch the video by Allison Crow below.