Five Favorite Friday is a curated list of what we enjoyed, noted or thought about in the week just past.
- Favorite Upcoming Webinar: Interested in Learning Management Systems? Austin ATD Learning Technologies SIG presents ELS Speaker Katrina Baker as our virtual guest speaker! Katrina will provide a side-by-side comparison of some of the top LMS vendors broken out by industry leaders and key features. This is the hugely popular presentation she did at ATD International this year. Join the webinar Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00 PM, Central Time. Get more information at the ATD Austin Event Site.
- Favorite Event: Microassist’s CTO Hiram Kuykendall discusses how to develop an accessibility testing strategy for learning and web pages at the Austin Adobe User’s Group. I know we seem to be on an accessibility kick lately. Why? Well honestly we believe universal access is a right. However, we’re seeing more and more litigation around accessibility issues. Here’s a good overview article on digital accessibility from the Employer Law Report
- Favorite Resource List: Have you set quality standards for the elearning your team produces? Tony Bates has pulled together excellent resource of E-learning quality assurance standards, organizations and research.
- Favorite L&D Article: In Your Perfect Elearning Development Shop: An Individual or a Team? Kevin Gumienny talks about the pros and cons of an individual creating learning vs. a team. In my experience, a team creates a stronger end product because each member can focus on their skill set. An individual can often move quicker to create learning.
- Favorite Comedy Video: The Expert (A Comedy Sketch) is a must see for anyone who has had to go through the design and specification process.
Have a favorite article, video, resource that you would like us to included in #5FF? Shoot it to us on our Contact page.