2008 ASTD State of the Industry Report
Submitted by snasta on Fri, 11/07/2008 - 14:40
ASTD has released its 2008 State of the Industry Report online for ASTD members. Here are my quick notes.
- Many formats that were nonexistent just a few years ago have become widespread, such as simulations, instructional games, and social networking sites.
- $134.39B on spent on employee learning and development in 2007. $83.62 billion spent on internal, $50.77B on external.
- $1,103/employee spent on training in 2006. 6% increase from 2006, 2.15% of payroll dedicated to learning down from 2.33%
- Outsourcing of learning activities declined in 2007 from 28.1% to 25.2%
- Enhanced focus on Certification and Compliance. Increase from 8.9% to 10.7% in 2007.
- E-Learning increased from 30.3% of learning hours to 32.6%
- One learning staff member for every 227 employees in 2007
- Average cost per learning hour uses is $56.
- Cost per learning hour available is $1,660 in 2007.