Call for Articles: Getting Started with E-Learning
The E-Learning Council would like to put out a call for articles and resources on the following topics. We will compile the articles and resources into an online book on this website for use by our community. We will of course give full credit and a link to your website if you wish. If you have a resource or article to contribute (or would like to suggest a new topic) please contact us.
- Fundamental Split Between E-learning for HR and E-learning for Business Units
- Informal Learning and Why It’s Important
- Blended Learning
Business Issues with E-Learning
- Assessing Your Company’s E-Learning Readiness – culturally and technologically
- What kinds of problems/business issues can e-learning address?
- Copyright, Intellectual Property, Digital Rights Management
Instructional Design for E-Learning
- ADDIE Process (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate)
- What is Instructional Design?
- What does an Instructional Designer Do?
- Action Mapping
- Converting Traditional Courses to E-Learning
- Design Considerations
- Learner Assessments
- Amount of Content Created
- Level of Interactivity
- Type of media used
- Data Tracking Requirements
- Technical Skill Level
- Ease of Updating
- Technology mash-ups to create new learning environments
- How fast is rapid?
- What are the different strategies for developing rapid capability in an organization?
- What projects are suitable?
- What’s the production model and implementation techniques?
- Which are the best tools?
- What’s a rapid project life cycle and who’s on the team?
- What are your experiences and challenges?
- How effective is rapid content versus traditional e-learning content?
E-Learning Development Technology
- Learning Management System
- Functional, technical and commercial requirements
- Content Creation Tools
- Rapid Development Tools
Games and Simulations
- Getting Ready for Mobile Learning
Social Networking - Web 2.0 Technologies
- Explain technologies and their use in the classroom and professional development
- Tools: blogs, wikis, podcasts, etc.
- Delivery Method—Internet, Intranet, CD Delivery
- Technical Considerations
- Required plug-ins or players
- Setting minimum system requirements
Marketing Your E-learning
- Launching a program, creating continuous promotions
- How to measure the value of learning
- Finding the right metrics