Conditional Test Access and Conditional Text on Certifications
I'm working on a curriculum with 21 courses and a final evaluation exam, which cannot be accessed until all 21 courses are passed at 90% or higher. Additionally, while the course that consists of the final evaluation will be available for two months, the test can only be accessed once, and must be completed in a 4 hour period.
To restrict access to the test I used a variable, and four actions; two at the beginning of the test to either allow the learners to continue, or bring them to a page telling them they’ve already accessed the test, and two at the pass/fail pages. If you want the specifics, just let me know.
The evaluation test is to being taken by people in a variety of roles, and each role has a different expectation for mastery, which is still in development. So the passing score is 0. Interaction Reports on CourseMill are going to allow the raw data to be pulled into a database to massage it for reporting on individuals, teams, regions, roles, as well as previous year’s performance. This isn’t just by overall scores, but by content, so individual interactions are being compared.
In previous years, this test was manually delivered and then transcribed into the database. So our L&D team just scored two huge points with a major stakeholder by being able to save him a lot of time and effort and money by making this test available online, and he won’t have to hire temps to pull the test results into the database manually.
As I found out more about this final test, I introduced the idea of certificates. The person who started creating these courses never addressed them. With 21 courses under their belt before they could even take this test, I felt they deserved something more than a simple “Certificate of Completion.” It stank of "and all I got was this tshirt.” So I suggested adding conditional text for those who score 90% or higher, indicating their mastery, and including their score.
Basically, we’ve got two conditional actions built into the certificate, both based on the condition of "AICC_Score is greater than or equal to 90" is met.
I've also resolved the pesky LMS name showing last name first by using some Java code I found on the Lectora community forums. Still working on forcing the date to a specific format, though.