Dell Hiring an Instructional Designer
This position is in the Services Delivery Support Team. Responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation, administration and evaluation of technical training programs for the SaaS Application Support team and/or other functional teams as needed. Qualified candidate will have strong working knowledge of ADDIE Model and the ability to quickly develop Captivate WBTs in the latest version. Must be able to effectively deal with ambiguity in a very fast pace work environment with little or no supervision. Project Management experience a plus.
- Responsible for design and /or delivery of technical training courses for internal & external customers
- Partners with application support, product management, and on-boarding teams to ensure content reflects current product features
- Conducts pilot training and provides feedback to adjust materials to better serve customers
- Assists in the development and review of new training materials by analyzing customer feedback and providing feedback for recommended revisions to course curriculum
- Works closely with other Dell departments to continuously improve the effectiveness of the technical content and its delivery
- Provides feedback to management on classroom performance and customer experiences and recommend actions for improvement.
- Develops and maintains training project plans
- Provides regular status updates with key stakeholders/mgt
- Use professional concepts and company policies to solve routine problems.
- Prepare curriculums including method, media, and documentation to be presented
- Maintain records of customer training to provide accurate information to stakeholders
Position Reports To:
0% of the time (approximate)
- 8+ years minimum directly related experience with High School Diploma or equivalency
- 4+ years minimum directly related experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years minimum directly related experience with Master’s Degree
- Strong Instructional Design & Development skills.
- Strong Adult Learning Theory and subject matter understanding.
- Strong working knowledge of Captivate WBT development (latest version).
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Connect (latest version).
- Strong Needs Assessment/ Diagnostic skills.
- Strong Facilitation skills.
- Strong research and evaluation skills.
- Strong consulting skills.
- Strong training/delivery skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional team environments
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong technical research and evaluation skills.
- Ability to make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Proven ability to take initiative as appropriate without manager supervision
- Ability to analyze data and recommend course design methodology, and structure
- Perform effective peer level reviews of curriculum and course delivery
- Analyze training materials and learner needs to develop new types of courseware for web and class based learning
- Proficient understanding of technical services and future technology trends
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with cross-functional teams
- MS Office (required)
- SnagIt (or comparable, required)
- Adobe Captivate (required)
- Adobe Connect Pro (desired)
- Adobe eLearning Suite (desired)
How to Apply
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Cushman email@example.com