DIR E-Learning Forum 2/12 (Govt Only)
The following event is open to employees of Texas state government. Other levels of government may participate on a space available basis.
DIR E-Learning ForumThursday, February 12, 20098:30 am–4:30 pm Austin, Texas
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is hosting an E-Learning Forum for Texas State agencies and universities. The purpose of this free one-day conference is to share information on what is happening in the industry and specifically in Texas government. While much training is still offered in a traditional face-to-face format, state organizations of all sizes are increasing their use of e-learning alternatives and are interested in exploring options.
- E-Learning in the 21st Century (Trends/Tools)
- Small Project Examples: Simple Yet Successful
- Training vs IT: Partnering for a Successful Project
- Evaluating E-Learning Projects
- Large Project Example: Online Vaccine Education Portal
- Incorporating Web 2.0 in E-Learning (Wikis, Podcasts, etc.)
The conference will also feature exhibits by vendors offering products and services related to these topics.
This free educational presentation is intended for staff involved with information technology issues. It is open to employees of Texas state agencies or universities. Other levels of government are welcome on a space-available basis. (Pre-registration is required.)
DIR thanks the following organizations for sponsoring this event: