Looking for eLearning Instructional Designer
SPS offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses,
professional certificates, and degree programs, including CUNY's
first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY's nationally and
internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers
programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Master¡¦s Degree
programs in Disability Studies, Applied Theatre, and Labor Studies.
This position is with the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS)
and is located in the Albany-Rensselaer, New York area. The
successful candidate will join a dedicated and dynamic distance
learning development team working in the human services industry.
The team uses synchronous and asynchronous learning technologies to
create change and efficiencies in human service agencies throughout
New York State. Team members have a track record of creating
cutting-edge learning experiences and integrating technologies into
blended learning solutions.
SPS seeks a highly committed professional to support educational
training and distance learning initiatives in a human services
The successful candidate will have experience in: distance learning
development and implementation course authoring expertise in MS
SPS seeks a team member who is: Interested in working with new
distance learning technologies; detail- and customer service-
oriented; and able to handle multiple priorities.
Demonstrated experience in multimedia asynchronous development is
required. As part of the interview process, candidates will be
asked to provide samples of their work.
Reporting to the Distance Education Supervisor, the Distance
Education Developer will:
• Develop new, and convert existing, courses to be delivered as
online asynchronous training.
• Act as development team lead for the production of online learning
and as liaison to subject matter experts.
• Assess projects and determine the appropriate use of distance
• Make development related decisions informed by pedagogical/adult
learning theory or research.
• Perform tasks necessary to the project management of online
• Provide technical assistance and support to learners.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Core Competencies/ Requirements for the Position:
• Bachelor's Degree is required; preferably in related field.
• One year of experience in the field of Distance Education/Learning
is required; Master's Degree in the field of Distance
Education/Learning (or equivalent) will be accepted in lieu of one
year of experience.
• Ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts, and visions for
distance learning projects is required.
• Ability to work as part of a learning team is required.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
• Experience in developing asynchronous training is required.
Proven use of tools such as Articulate Storyline or Lectora is a
• Experience with desktop multimedia development and editing
required. Proven use of tools such as Photoshop, Audacity or
Corel Visual Studio Pro is a plus.