Monday, August 18, 2008
The E-Learning Council and the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) invite you to a collaborative E-learning event.
- Discuss the different available tools to create web-based content and IT system simulations and their pros/cons
- How to balance the needs between higher interactivity and managing your budget?
- Consider the total cost of ownership especially maintenance instead of just upfront software license costs
Resource Profiles (20 minutes)
Representatives from each of the following groups will provide a brief overview of the organization and its purpose.
- Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
- E-Learning Council
- SACC Training & Development Subcommittee
- Intergovermental Training Council (ITC)
- American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
- Lectora User Group
Web 2.0 Technologies (1 hour)
Zulfi Kureshi, Senior Manager, Deloitte
- How can Wikis, Blogs, and Podcasts be incorporated into learning programs?
- How do we effectively use social networks, informal learning and knowledge management techniques to become proficient quickly?
- How can these self-service approaches be effectively used to recruit and retain Generation X/Y talent?
- What role can these programs play in Peer-to-Peer coaching?
The E-Learning Council and DIR thank the following organizations for supporting this event.
• Texas Association of State Systems for Computing and Communication (TASSCC)
• SACC Training & Development Subcommittee
• Intergovernmental Training Council
This free educational presentation is intended for anyone interested in the topic of E-Learning. (Pre-registration is required.)