Creating Custom E-Learning Solutions Part I: General Business Overview
Custom E-Learning solutions begin from a business perspective. You should have a clear understanding of why the training is needed and how you will measure its success. I start with general business questions to identify gaps, needs, and metrics. Here are a few:
- What organizational or business problem are you trying to solve?
- What new skill or change in behavior are you trying to accomplish?
- Is training the best approach?
- How will you know if it is successful?
- What metrics will be used? Knowing that a manager will eventually ask for a report about the success of your E-Learning project, keep your metrics relevant and show how they solved the business problem.
In the next article, "Creating Custom E-Learning Solutions Part II: Training Overview," we will dive a bit deeper with questions that further tailor training to business objectives.