The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is hosting an E-Learning Forum for Texas State agencies and universities. The purpose of this free one-day conference is to share information on what is happening in the industry and specifically in Texas government. While much training is still offered in a traditional face-to-face format, state organizations of all sizes are increasing their use of e-learning alternatives and are interested in exploring options.
The program for this conference is under development and DIR is seeking topic ideas, presenter referrals, and speaker proposals. We need YOUR help to make this a valuable educational event.
The focus is on sharing examples of government training projects with potential topics such as:
- Tools and Trends in E-Learning
- Case studies of successful government e-learning projects with different speakers profiling different implementation types, including:
- Simplistic Modules Requiring Little Specialized Expertise
- Successfully Deploying a Subscription-Based Learning Course Library
- Extensive Custom Development
- Web 2.0 and E-learning
- Collaboration of the IT and Training Departments
- Lessons Learned and Best Practices
Full details and registration at http://www.dir.state.tx.us/education/elearning/index.htm