The Podcasting 101 sessions were a set of classes organized by volunteers from Texas government. This document was a resource handout that grew with each session.
An Internet search will yield hundreds of resources and references, so in no way do we claim is this a comprehensive list or “the best”. It is simply some helpful references suggested by volunteers organizing the Podcasting 101 clinics for Texas State Government in August/September 2009.
Introduction / How To
- Learning in Hand (Great how-to booklet available for download)
- Podcasting in Plain English (short YouTube video by CommonCraft)
- Make a Professional Podcast on a Minimal Budget
- MuniGov 2.0 Explanation
- How To Podcast Tutorial
- YouTube – use SEARCH to find tons of tutorials on podcasting or use of various tools like Audacity (as well as any other subject)
- TeacherTube – YouTube type site for educators. Access is often not blocked by organizations that restrict access to YouTube
Tool Tutorials and Tips
- § Garageband Video Tutorials
- § Imovie Video Tutorials
- § Audacity Wiki
- § Movie Maker 2 Free Tips and Tricks
Podcast Hosting Sites
(list found at http://socialmediatrader.com/make-a-professional-podcast-on-a-minimal-budget/
- SoundSnap – Quality sound effects and ambiance
- PodsafeAudio – Music to use under the creative commons license. A huge library.
- Partners in Rhyme – A large number public domain sound effects
- Jamendo – Another great community for sharing music under the creative commons license.
- Podcasting Legal Guide
- Making Podcasts Accessible (College of the Redwoods)
- Jeffrey Frey on Accessilble Podcasts – Blogger from Rice University, focus on Pocasting in Education
- Free Governmnet Podcasts
- WebContent.gov– robust goverment community on website-related topics
- MuniGov 2.0 – very active group about use of Social Media/Web 2.0 in government
- Texas Senate Weekly Review Podcasts
- TxDOT Podcasts